Thursday, May 8, 2008

WALKING out of hospital on Monday

Hello my dear Family and friends all over the world!

This is going to be the last update you will receive from me while being in hospital :-)!

First things first: Dr. Friendly turned into McDreamy and I wouldnt be myself, if I would not have developed a major crush on him. Well he is adorable and he saved my life and my leg - so that is kind of a given. Aaaaaannnnd he is a loving father to his 13 month old cute daughter and a great husband to his gorgeous wife! = NEXT please!!!! :-).

In all seriousness he treats me like a private patient, comes to see me on sundays and days off (like today), he read through the entire blog (yes he read the initial one as well where we recommended him some personal development classes ..... he commented on that today, while opening my bandage AND than he hurt me ....all your fault Brenda - you wrote the blog!

He is very happy with the healing, no infection, no inflammation, skin sticks onto the forefoot and calf and doesnt peel off (no sign of cellulite on my forefoot either :-)!
He had to get rid of the 55 small metal clips that where tuckered onto my skin/wound (no painkillers of course) ....I was screaming, a bit for real, a bit for the show effect! And because he is an overachiever and he apparently thinks I am brave and can take it - he started cutting off the bandage. I really tried to stop him. Changed his focus. Asked quality questions like: "dont you think we should have a conversation before you do that?"
The normal routine for changing the bandage after skintransplantion (skin was taken off the thigh) is: the patient sits in a warm bath and the layers of bandage are gently peeling itself off (b/c its full with dry blood) or the nurse assists with loads off oil to gently peel the bandage off. The procedure for me: cut it in half and peel it off - by the "gentle" movements of my plastic surgeons hands = NO OIL / NO WATER ..... I kicked, screamed and tried to smack him.
Hint: dont do that while the doctor is still working on you. Got that lesson now!

And that was the first time I was really looking forward to his visit, b/c I thought it wouldnt be painful. Well, that didnt turn out too well, did it?!

Needless to say, that another 4 doctors stuck their head throug my hospital door to see why I was screeming and laughing at the same time. Because McDreamy tried to change my focus apparently, by making me laugh!
By now is Tony Robbins Trainer Material!

My timetable for the next month:
Today in the evening I can finally start sitting on my bed, letting my foot hang out of bed for max 15 minutes (for the blood to start streaming down and the skin getting used to be in that position soon).
Got my crutches waiting for me next to my bedside :-)
- might start walking on SaturdayDoctors visit on Saturday
- WALKING out of hospital on Monday
-delivered to my mum by ambulance
- being spoiled by mum
- start naturopath treatment to get drugs out of my body
- Thursday: see doctor again to change bandages AND going to a champagne party with Sabine (its the opening of my friend Christians champagnestore)
- 28th flying to LA/San DiegoLeaderhip Academy

What do you think? Sounds like a plan to me!!!
Cheerio to all of you!!!
Cant wait to see you, hug you and thank you for all the miracles you have created in my life!
God bless!
Doris xxx

2 comments:

Rocky said...

Hey Doris,
So glad you are feeling better. I created a visionstatement for you. You can view it at this link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CP2NlJWVWA
We can all watch it and have the intention that you will be wearing those boots soon.lol Enjoy it. I would be happy to make any changes for you that would help you. Love and happiness Debbie Ann

Doris's Blog said...

Doris... Can you please explain why you are so quiet right now?
Georgette